Learn more about our exciting upcoming events!
Embodied Inter-subjectivity: the 1st-person and the 2nd-person perspective
An Interdisciplinary Summer School
June 9th to 15th , 2013, Hotel Apollo, Aegina, Greece
We invite applications from PhD students, post-doc and young researchers to attend the Summer School on "Embodied Inter-subjectivity : the 1st person and the 2nd person perspectives", organized by Manos Tsakiris (RHUL), Andrea Serino (EPFL, Switzerland) & Barry Smith (Institute of Philosophy, UoL, UK), and funded by two "European Platform for Life Sciences, Mind Sciences and the Humanities" Volkswagen Foundation Grants and the Centre for the Study of Senses.
The Summer School will take place in the Island of Aegina, Greece (approximately 1 hour by boat from Piraeus, the port of Athens), at the wonderful location of the historic Hotel Apollo (http://www.apollohotelaegina.gr/en ), from June 9th to 15th, 2013.
The provisional programme of the school includes sessions on:
- 1st person perspectives of embodiment
- The embodied self in interaction with the world
- Ontogenetic and phylogenetic perspectives on social cognition
- Transition from 3rd person- to 2nd person perspective in social neuroscience
- Embodying other people's minds and bodies
To deliver the state-of-the-art research in these fields, we have invited leading researchers from the fields of experimental, developmental and social psychology, cognitive and social neuroscience, anthropology, primatology and philosophy. Confirmed speakers (in alphabetical order) include:
- Amir Amedi (Hebrew University of Jerusalem, Israel)
- Olaf Blanke (EPFL, Switzerland)
- Marcello Costantini (Chieti, Italy)
- Ophelia Deroy (Centre for the Study of the Senses, University of London, UK)
- Alessandro Farne (Centre de Recherche en Neuroscience de Lyon, France)
- Katerina Fotopoulou (UCL, UK)
- Juan Carlos Gomez (University of St Andrews, Scotland)
- Celia Heyes (Oxford University, UK)
- Guenther Knoblich (Central European University, Hungary)
- Danny Povinelli (University of Louisiana, USA)
- Jesse Prinz (NYU, USA)
- Dennis Proffit (University of Virginia, USA)
- Vasu Reddy (University of Portsmouth, UK)
- Andreas Roepstorff (Aarhus University, Denmark)
- Simone Schütz-Bosbach (Max Plank Institute, Leipzig, Germany)
- Natalie Sebanz (Central European University, Hungary)
- Andrea Serino (EPFL, Switzerland)
- Corrado Sinigaglia (Università degli Studi di Milano, Italy)
- Barry Smith (Institute of Philosophy, University of London, UK)
- Manos Tsakiris (RHUL, UK)
- Frederique de Vignemont (Institut Jean Nicod, France)
- Kai Vogeley (University of Cologne, Germany)
Further information and Applications forms can be found here: http://www.pc.rhul.ac.uk/sites/lab/?page_id=610 or http://www.unboundbody.eu/?p=145
For any queries please contact Jana Brokfeld at this email address: email@example.com
Feel free to print out the flyer and post I at your department.
We are looking forward to your applications.
Manos Tsakiris (RHUL), Andrea Serino (EPFL) & Barry Smith (Institute of Philosophy)